Summary: Event site: https://www.ri2020.io/ Event date: May 18th, 2020 P-PREP Commitment Date: April 30th, 2020 Telegram: u/markusreisner submitted by
We believe we have a strong proposition to market ICON in a meaningful way to some of the largest communities in crypto.
The MouseBelt team has the largest global network of over 100+ universities in 20+ countries. Over the last few months, 10+ university blockchain events we were working with got canceled for obvious reasons.
Due to that fact, and our understanding of our reach we decided to launch a virtual conference. Since April 10th here is what happened:
- We have enrolled over 100+ partners and universities
- With BlockTV’s distribution (we are taking over the site for 1+ months) and our post-conference strategy, this content will reach 5+ million views
- Over 5000 people have registered between Eventbrite and Facebook (with 21 days to go, we expect 20,000 people registered)
- We have invested $70,000 to professionally produce this 72-hour event with BlockTV
- We believe we have surpassed Cointelegraph and Consensus in reach and production quality.
- We believe this is the #1 conference in crypto currently.
MouseBelt will invest over $70k+ into this event. We would like to have fellow P-Reps invest $20k (this will go 100% to BlockTV production cost).
The benefit to the ICON community will be:
- Owning 20% of the conference “screen time” at a 50% discount
- Increased exposure to over 100+ top universities working on blockchain
- Partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev, and Coca Cola for one of our hackathon events (or similar).
- We are open to adding as many additional benefits as possible as we are a part of the ICON community
MouseBelt is a popular blockchain ecosystem consisting of multiple parts:
MouseBelt as ICON developers:
- Top 3 global blockchain accelerator, investing into early to mid-stage blockchain projects
- The global leader in blockchain education
- Over 100+ schools in 20+ countries
- The largest coalition of blockchain and enterprise companies aimed at supporting blockchain education at the university level
- ICON, Binance, Ripple, Mastercard, Hedera, etc
- Over 50+ blockchain developers working on a variety of blockchain projects
Our engineering team has implemented token assets on ZenSports (SPORTS), the first STO on the ICON network, and GrowYourBase, the #1 IRC2 application token in market capitalization on the ICON network.
Currently, we are developing the Balanced network in concert with ICX_Station, PARROT9, and Iconosphere. Balanced will bring synthetic assets backed by ICX to the ICON network, as well as tokenized staked ICX. This can assist with both a stable asset for payments, and a base for other DeFi applications MouseBelt as a P-Rep:
We have been a Main P-Rep most of the time since decentralization of the network and so far had utilized our funds for student education.
Such as the “ICON in a box” workshops and the Milwaukee Blockchain Conference
, which we sponsored in a direct ICX payment and the second annual payment for UCLA’s blockchain engineering course
. REIMAGINE2020, Conference details:
Conferences have always been an integral part of the blockchain space to promote projects in the industry.
With recent evolutions around the globe, things have changed. They either got canceled or delayed.
We have created REIMAGINE2020
, a virtual conference. Shared by the ICON Foundation on April 18.
We can effectively and efficiently promote ICON to the world through Reiamgine2020 | BlockTV. The driving force behind the conference is: highest quality of Content matched with the best production quality for Video. The funds will allow MouseBelt to promote ICON logo/branding throughout the conference/programming for straight 72 hr of live streaming. Additionally, we have the opportunity to properly place ICON logo/branding in highly favorable on-screen placements (tickers/commercials/plugs and continuous branding) reaching 5M viewers globally. ICX Station is providing a Keynote to drive global interest. Confirmed partners
Schedule & Format
- Industry: Blockchain Education Alliance (providing 1 keynote and 3 workshops each)
- Ing, Boeing, Coca Cola, AB Inbev, (in discussion with 20+ more over the next 3 weeks)
- Nervos, ICON (Daeki Lee will be a speaker), Hedera Hashgraph, Emurgo, ETC Labs, IoTeX, Kucoin, Constellation, NEO, Matic, Ripple, NEM, Orbs, Wanchain, Ontology, Harmony, Stellar, Truffle Suite, etc
- Education: 50+ Universities and student groups
- BlockTV: Official co-producers of the event. They will assist us in creating and hosting content for a 72-hour live stream.
- Crypto Briefing
- 72 hour live stream (may be live or pre-recorded)
- Premier Content - Facilitated/moderated and produced by BlockTV. Speakers and content provided by MouseBelt (ex: keynotes, panels, debates)
- Events - BlockTV presents the segment. MouseBelt runs coverage of the event (ex: hackathon, pitch events, trading competition)
- Additional Content - BlockTV provides up to 3 hours of additional content per day. More additional content provided by MouseBelt media partners (Interviews & Q&As)
- One-off events running simultaneously to the livestream hosted by MouseBelt & partners
- 1:1 Networking
- Invite-only VIP & student event
- BlockTV - #1 blockchain TV channel in the world
- High-quality video content produced in professional studio
- MouseBelt investing $70,000 to produce this 72-hour event
- Multiple network partners streaming the content live & rebroadcasting over the following 2 weeks
- Expected 5 million views
In addition to the communities of our confirmed partners and universities we are targeting:
1. Viewers - Tuning into the livestream, attending a workshop, or watching the content post-conference.
- BlockTV - 1.7m weekly live viewers from over 60 countries
- Crypto Media Partners - 300k+ community members in Facebook groups & listservs
- MouseBelt University - 5,000 students from 100+ universities in 24 countries (58% developers)
- Top 16 cities for blockchain meetups - Amsterdam, Atlanta, Berlin, Boston, Buenos Aires, London, New York, Paris, Puerto Rico, San Francisco, Seoul, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Vancouver, Zurich
- Executives and investors from blockchain & non-blockchain companies like Mastercard, Budweiser, Draper, etc.
2. Participants - Speakers, partners, and sponsors
- Crypto Enthusiasts: Livestreamed & pinned to our crypto communities:
- University students: 100+ university network in 24 countries = 5,000 students
- Partner communities - some of the top crypto media and industry people in the world have already shared our event:
- Global distribution by BlockTV over 90 days = 5 million impressions
3. As far as hard data for "attendees" we have two signals
- 60 industry executives = BEA Members @ 3 speakers/workshops each
- 18 university partners - USA, UK, Australia, Czech Republic, Ghana, Nigeria
- Speakers include Hedera CMO, Emurgo CEO, Dr. Sadoghi at UC Davis and more...
- Confirmed keynotes & workshops listed here
- Influencers we are reaching out to: Chamath Palihapitiya, Adam Back, Ray Dalio, Andreessen Horowitz, Michael Novogratz, Naval Ravikant, Balaji S. Srinivasan, Su Zhu, Charlie Lee, Nick Szabo, Riccardo Spagni, Fred Wilson, Max Keiser, Winklevoss, Air Paul, Michael Arrington, Peter Schiff, Paolo Adroino, Elizabeth Stark, Marc Andreessen, A. Pompliano, Patrick Byrne, Brock Pierce, CZ, Vitalik, Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- 5000+ attendees on Facebook and Eventbrite, with 3 weeks to go (13X MORE than Virtual Blockchain Week!)
- Attendee list includes a mix of media, university representatives, C-level executives, developers, and startup founders
It is hard to say when 10x became the bare minimum for the Go Big or Go Home Mentality that surrounds personal information and future tech. You will hear it said, in so many words, again and again, “don’t even bother competing with “The Googleverse”, as Visual Capitalist once called it, unless you have something 10x better in your category or market space. Since Google and Facebook have their eyes set on just about everything from your wallet to your exact location, on a second by second basis, it would logically follow that we just give up now and let Google and Facebook, and don’t forget Amazon, take over everything and invent all future social systems and relevant technologies that will continue to shape them. The company that thinks they can do it: www.10x.market https://preview.redd.it/1m2mpn3bzo511.png?width=219&format=png&auto=webp&s=d96541a37dea5d7cd53f89ae174d2ffcc7793c0f
Elon Musk decided the 10x divide was a good way to get people excited about new ventures that will not bear fruit until you are too old to care. We are all excited to get from Washington to New York in 33 minutes, and it’s just nice to know that my daughter doesn’t have to move out when she goes to college, as long as by her time the Hypertube spans the East Coast. It almost makes me forget about all the people who will be put out of work in the next five years by driverless cars and automated cargo vehicles, and what they are going to do with all their time when the Robot Tax dollars come every week in the form of a Universal Basic Income
“The key to making this work is increasing tunneling speed and dropping costs by a factor of 10 or more — this is the goal of The Boring Company. “ https://preview.redd.it/anp94fd9zo511.png?width=425&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff6d6b7f7b9e856bb3bf29af0438b47dffec7409
The Visual Capitalist makes it clear most people believe it's pointless to compete in any area that turns personal information into pay by the bit, which is the IOT version of paying by the click in The Googleverse
. It seems it is considered, in many cases, wiser to build something inside of the current Ecosystem of a Google or a Facebook, or something that serves as a gadget that adds utility to these platforms like a Selfie Drone
, rather than doubts the wisdom of the Googleverse and Facebook. How Google Tracks You - And What You Can Do About It This Chart Reveals Google’s True Dominance Over the Web https://preview.redd.it/8ikrp437zo511.png?width=760&format=png&auto=webp&s=bbf678d7dba90057840dacc52cdea7630013d4f5 Why can no one match Google?
Is Silicon Valley the last word on how data is gathered and put to use?
- Part of the reason lies in the math. Google operates at an insane level, processing 3.5 billion searches per day. To get millions of people to try a different search algorithm is expensive — and to get them to keep that behavior permanently is even more expensive.
- The only way such change becomes feasible is if a product comes out that is 10x better than Google, and at this point, such an event seems unlikely — at least in the current ecosystem.
It might seem that way at times, however, if you listen to the message that is coming out of Research Triangle
in South Carolina, home to the innovation hubs of Big Data giants like IBM and SAS, global innovation centers such as Silicon Wadi
, in Israel (where apparently, there is a glass ceiling for Muslims, and the rest of the tech sector is run by ex-military personnel from the elite cyber division Unit 8200) you could form a completely different opinion. Forbes did a good piece on Unit 8200
back in 2016, if you aren’t familiar. Companies like IBM and SAS say the secret sauce is all in the temporaneous, unstructured data streaming through the airwaves that can be correlated in real time with your position, preferences, and ready-made content bubble, like the one John Palfrey
talks about in Born Digital
. Three Different Models: one of them makes less sense than the others in a hyper-connected world. https://preview.redd.it/qzumjju4zo511.png?width=595&format=png&auto=webp&s=735aa43e3e2cd2cfc4a1514d59bc9fa1a97513ea How safe is it to concentrate a huge portion of your company’s warehoused data in one mammoth datacenter in a single country that could change it’s laws about how you can use and store data anytime it wants?
Facebook is said to have it’s largest data center, Lulea
, in Sweden. It is a good thing the Swedes are pro-blockchain, pro-crypto, or Mark Zuckerberg might have brick and mortared himself out of the Crypto-Blockchain boom that he recently announced Facebook intended to embrace and FaceOpolize. His Lawyers were probably on it way before they applied for the construction permits, but they still have the GDPR
and they are still a member of the EEC. If some of the bigger EEC Countries decided that they were tired of having Facebook harvest data from its citizens like a black market doctor in an Indian” Kidneyville
”, they could put some pressure on the Swedes to turn off the power. This is unlikely, but so seemed the fall of Rome before Christianity. At least the Romans would have thought the idea preposterous in 500 A.D.
However, the EEC did succeed in fining Facebook and Google an estimated $9.3 billion the day after the new GDPR Laws went into effect on May 25, 2018. GDPR impact: Google, Facebook look at $9.3 billion in fines under new EU privacy law https://preview.redd.it/j9nfinh2zo511.png?width=366&format=png&auto=webp&s=b1f9bff96340d0a1b6063e7fb20f7b61ba44f6df https://www.businesstoday.in/technology/news/gdpr-impact-google-fined-facebook-fined-european-union-privacy-law/story/277807.htm
Ex-Facebook Executive and Founder Chamath Palihapitiya
, says that traditional social networks are not only misusing our personal information and forcing us to take an all or nothing deal when we check "yes" in the terms box, but also using surreptitious methods to get people addicted to visiting their sites. He compares the site stats that display on your Google plugins as red numbers to slot machines and says that many of the calls to action on Facebook’s site were developed to elicit the same kind of dopamine rush a gambling addict gets when he pulls the arm of a slot machine. LinkedIn uses the same sort of alerts to keep you coming back throughout the day as well
This is a world where you generate all the interesting facts and Google and Facebook collect them, with your help, and get all the monetary benefits. This is a world where despite all the free time-saving, life-saving apps, you don’t have time for anything and you increasingly don’t have a life…not a real one. You are to busy working on the “digital you” and keeping the views-and-likes-ball in the air. Forget to post just one or two days and you will be reminded to log in and view the negative numbers and the graphs that make your popularity in the ether look like the Stock Market crashing in 2008.
Who’s Viewed You? Are you up or down in the ratings today? https://preview.redd.it/xonpoydyyo511.png?width=637&format=png&auto=webp&s=44f0a9d15f157c1b038919935e0494ac00ca14cd
If you listen to the companies who invented the modern market for data mining and data warehousing , you will hear them say that the only dream worth catching in the new “hyper-connected” world, where over 20 billion sensors will triangulate in the ether and create volumes of metadata and new data points outside the Google/Facebook Ecosystems is Unstructured data. Hence, the only logical place to start storing personal data is in a wallet like Bitcoin with all transactions verified on the Blockchain and in the ether where the promised land lies. Visit websites like IBM (Cognos, Watson Analytics), SAS, SAP HANA, and read the language they use to describe this new kind of data that are the reason AI and Machine Learning and Big Data are the wave of the future. Read the terminology they use on the SAP HANA webpage:
Gain new insights from advanced analytical processing in SAP HANA
“Leverage our in-memory advanced analytical processing capabilities — text, predictive, spatial, event streams, and time series — to build intelligent applications that provide deeper insights at unprecedented speed. And take advantage of predictive analytics, data mining, text analysis, and more.”
-SAP HANA Website
Terms like “event streams” clearly refer to windows of time that are narrow, temporaneous, and outside of the traditional data warehouse. While Google does maintain the position of most people’s cell phones, and a lead in the handheld device market with Android, it is not like we don’t have a choice, or as if Google is the only one who can pinpoint your position for you or the third-party apps on your smartphone or tablet. https://preview.redd.it/ef6iialtyo511.png?width=759&format=png&auto=webp&s=9fa74fd790f026dd51292361c4ee18ee7841e125 Who in their right mind would want millions of personal data records stored in a central location, that if breached, left every record up for grabs?
With all the turmoil brewing around the theft and loss, and misuse of personal data lately, whether it be SOX, GLBA, Classified Intel handling laws, or now GDPR, you would think the last place The DNC, Equifax, Hospitals, Google, Facebook, a bank, or anyone would want to purposely store data is on their servers, platforms, or any other company asset. Why not just push it to The Ether and scatter it like dust across the blockchain? Cracking the system to steal one transaction’s worth of data is economically akin to stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. Why steal something when it is more profitable to take part in validating it?
It seems like every other day there’s another mind-boggling data breach at one of the world’s most trusted companies. https://preview.redd.it/dotihufoyo511.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=0adcf1c4a6f688d70b54973e097dd7afa702bdd4
While some institutions may have no choice but to store your data in a central depository, like a hospital or Equifax, the ones that profit the most have no reason except profit to keep your details on their servers.
In Google’s defense, they do have an app called Google Takeout
™, which allows you to download every detail that has been collected on you in the Googleverse by any and all of the 89+ apps in the Google ecosystem. It is not like they are forcing us to let them steal our data and sell it without our consent. Although the 20-page take-it-or leave-it opt ins on the apps they use to collect the data are a bit unfair, we are the ones who decided that Google and Facebook could sell it for several thousand dollars per person, per year without any compensation except some free cell phone apps. This begs the question: what would I do with all that data if I had a copy?
Well, at 10x.market, CEO Chris McFayden and President Greg Fogarty say, “roll it up with some sort of data that is 10x more valuable than the information Google has, and then transfer its value to a token, and begin selling it over a distrubuted Smart Contracts Platform. You are now the owner of a data set at least 10x better than the next best source in the marketplace. You now possess the worlds most complete record of the digital you, and you've only just begun.
Advertisers, IOT, and Big Data service providers, as well as all the mixed reality content providers that will be augmenting the world around you with the help of some holographic contact lenses, will all need to come to you through the 10x platform to get the most complete version of the digital you to sync up with all those "event streams' and senors.” Here is what we think you should do at 10x https://preview.redd.it/ezlo0aq7yo511.png?width=747&format=png&auto=webp&s=2e4e60c176b0eca68f08c6b9282c0bc641aa1b45
Things like smartphones, tablets and laptops and flatscreen TVs will no longer be necessary since you will be able to project them holographically into your private version of reality. Even Holographic Keyboards and input tools can be projected into empty space, which means many wireless accessories will disappear too. Maybe we will simply carry a processor with Wi-Fi in our pockets to connect us to the connected world. So where can I get some 10x data so I have a fighting chance at beating Google at the Personal information game?
The Founders of 10x found their opening by accident. While working with a company in the patient engagement software space on a blockchain app that would give their AI driven engagement model the edge in a very competitive industry, Founders Greg Fogarty and Chris McFayden discovered that patients were willing to volunteer data from Fitbits, other wearables, and an app that asks routine questions that a doctor might ask you at a checkup. As it turns out paying patients cash to answer basic questions about lifestyle, habits, and symptoms lower health premiums.
With just the data from a Fitbit and some routine questionnaires, medicine can not only move to a preventative care model, but some might say a predictive diagnostic model where AI assumes many of the responsibilities of a primary care physician. https://preview.redd.it/jf3gnfwcyo511.png?width=747&format=png&auto=webp&s=f0825e440d0e9a3a1d4793bb498be2f08ce3f025
In addition, once employees knew that employers and benefits providers where paying them, the Patient Engagement Platform, that appears to employees as part of their HR departments Wellness Program, saw participation rates that were in line with those of Google Search and Facebook.
Furthermore, the two founders of 10x discovered, during a due diligence exercise, that Medical data was worth 10x more on the black market than Credit Card and Banking Data. If they could just put that information in a digital wallet with the information that Google would give you back for free via Google Takeout ™, they would have the 10x everyone said you needed to compete with Google and Facebook. https://preview.redd.it/qpub6wnfyo511.png?width=740&format=png&auto=webp&s=19f5708f975306d404f19ec30406a123f5d8d0b3
There are literally thousands of companies who sell these Patient Engagement Platforms, and Greg and Chris's client had less than 1% market share after 6 years in business. It was obvious that the play was not in upgrading one platform with Blockchain and equipping it with a token, but rather in making a free app, just like Google has done 89+ times, that gives all the Patient Engagement and Medical Records platforms the kind of advanced AI that their client incorporated to turn Wellness into Predictive Medicine.
Then individuals could start adding other valuable data points that were stranded in data warehouses to their digital data wallets. Things such as:
- Public Records
- Credit Score
- DNA and Biometrics
- Political Party, Policy Preferences
- Connected Car Data
- Connected Home Data
- Connect to LinkedIn and download professional Profile
- Connect to Facebook and download personal Profile
- Connect online Purchase History
- Rewards and Points Programs
- Unstructured Data
- Predictive Markets, i.e. Atlas Predict
Now that all the data is within the control of the individual, all that is needed is a trading platform that provides a fair profit to the creator, a fair price to the owner of the Personal Information, and that gives information of any type a normalized value so that it can be stored as a token which reflects the value of the new infonomics marketplace and the sum total of the personal data transactions carried out over the 10x Platform. If the platform gained significant market share in the buyeseller infonomics ecosystem, the token market cap should increase as the volume of available personal data and buyer and seller transactions increase over time. We all know why they call Big Data by that name. It is because the amount and variety of personal data being collected and generated are getting bigger and more varied with every sensor that is added to the IOT Ecosystem. Now with more of the kind of data that the companies like SAS, IBM, and SAP would like to correlate with, “Unstructured” Real-time data, 10x is not only in the Personal Information business, in grand style, but also all the other hot spaces that will dominate the Ether for the next five to ten years: IOT, Big Data, Mixed Reality.
With Personal Data Profiles selling for between $1000 and $5,000 a year, charging for transactions and managing complex coordination of Smart Contracts executed with the 10x token offers an extremely profitable business model if you consider the lifetime value over ten years is between $10,000 and $50,000 for an individual’s static data profile and real-time location information. This means that with only 2 million customers 10x.market could cross the billion dollar magic line, that makes a run of the mill startup an official Silicon Valley “Unicorn.
Another action-packed week took place in the crypto field. Unfortunately, the market is currently in decline as the entire capitalization lost around $16 billion over the past seven days. The good news for Bitcoin bulls is that BTC managed to maintain itself above the critical psychological and technical support of $10,000. Things were looking rather […] February 25, 2019. Social Capital’s Chamath Palihapitiya on Happiness, Startup Growth, and More – This Week in Startups with Jason Calacanis (Ep. 864) This week, the SPAC to IPO trend continued with Clover Health (Social Capital / Chamath), space company Momentus, and a new blank check SPAC started by controversial ex Uber exec Emil Michael. Meanwhile, delivery startups (Instacart, Uber Eats, goPuff), fitness (Strava, NordicTrack), and enterprise SaaS (mmhmm, Dialpad) were also hot, as the pandemic continues to shift spending and investment ... Best of This Week in Startups: Week of August 24th, 2020. August 29, 2020. E1102 The Next Unicorns E15: Zero Mass Water CEO Cody Friesen is perfecting drinking water with hydropanels, aiming to create essential resource UBI for the world . August 28, 2020. E1101: News! Apple vs. Epic Games, TikTok CEO resigns, SPACs, Unicorn IPOs & more with Acquired’s Ben Gilbert & David Rosenthal. August ... Chamath is working on solving the illiquidity issue faced by startups/private companies He created a public stock ( IPOA ), so that if his firm were to acquire a company, that company would instantly be public because it would be given shares of IPOA in exchange for the startup’s equity (like how Whatsapp received Facebook stock when Facebook acquired them)
This Week In Startups 26,824 views. 53:40. Elon Musk: How I Became The Real 'Iron Man' - Duration: 45:00. Bloomberg 10,502,194 views. 45:00. Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO Social Capital ... Social Capital's Chamath Palihapitiya On Apple, Bitcoin, And The Internet CNBC - Duration: 27:56. CNBC 153,264 views. 27:56. Are VCs Worthless? Why Startups Need To Go After 'Hard Things ... Chamath Palihapitiya on state of tech, politics, diversity, picking investors &our changing morality - Duration: 53:40. This Week In Startups 26,172 views 53:40 E776: Social Capital Chamath Palihapitiya: VC ecosystem, rethinking biz; Samsung NEXT Pres David Eun - Duration: 1:16:58. This Week In Startups 54,156 views 1:16:58 This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue